Sedation Dentistry – Bedford, TX
Feel Comfortable in the Treatment Chair
Countless people experience anxiety and fear surrounding visiting the dentist, whether that’s caused by the site and smell of the office, a bad past experience, or nothing in particular, it can keep people from taking proper care of their smiles. At Omega Dental of Bedford, we offer safe and fast-acting nitrous oxide sedation to help you feel more comfortable in the treatment chair. If you experience dental phobia, please give our team a call before your visit so we can determine whether you’re a good candidate for this service.
Why Choose Omega Dental of Bedford for Dental Sedation?
- We Treat Patients of All Ages
- In-Network with Major Dental Insurance Plans
- Fast-Acting Nitrous Oxide Sedation
Am I a Good Candidate for Sedation Dentistry?
The best candidates for sedation dentistry in Bedford are those who:
- Have difficulty sitting still in the treatment chair
- Experience fear or anxiety at the thought of visiting the dentist
- Have avoided scheduling appointments in the past due to dental phobia
- Have a strong gag reflex
- Have had bad past experiences with dentists
- Feel overwhelmed by the sights, smells, and sounds of the dental office
Nitrous Oxide Sedation
Dr. Gajera and his experienced dental staff regularly help patients overcome fears and feel more at-ease during their appointments with nitrous oxide in Bedford. This fast-acting form of sedation is administered in-office, and the effects wear off within minutes, so patients are able to carry on with their day as they normally would without any disruptions. If you feel you could benefit from nitrous oxide, please give us a call!
Who is a Good Candidate for Nitrous Oxide?
Nitrous oxide sedation is a great option for adults who:
- Have a strong gag reflex
- Are overstimulated by the sights and sounds of the office
- Experience difficulty getting numb
- Find cleanings uncomfortable due to dental sensitivity
- Have a fear of needles
- Have a hard time sitting comfortably and still in the treatment chair
How Does Nitrous Oxide Work?
When you enter our practice, we’ll guide you back to one of our comfortable treatment rooms and help you get settled in a chair. We’ll administer the clear, colorless nitrous oxide gas through a nose mask that will allow you to easily breathe it in. Within minutes, you’ll feel a calming wave that will help dull any senses that may typically be heightened without the sedation.
You’ll remain conscious and responsive throughout your treatment and our team will be monitoring you. Once your procedure is complete, we’ll have you breathe in pure oxygen through the nose mask for a few minutes to quickly get rid of the nitrous oxide effects and minimize any additional side-effects. Once all symptoms have gone away, you can carry on with your day as you normally would.
Aftercare for Nitrous Oxide
Nitrous oxide effects don’t linger for long, but our team will wait with you until they disperse and we can clear you to drive and carry on with the rest of your day. In most cases, patients are able to carry on with work, school, and other routine errands without disruption after their appointment.